Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Playtime with Kids is NOT a Waste of Our Time

I saw a video on Facebook *click here* this afternoon and I recalled the things I learned while playing with my nephew. The video made me write the following:

Playtime with children is not a waste of our time.
It is when I play with my nephew that I get to see and get amazed at how he is able to #control his fingers while holding little things like #Lego or his #HotWheels.
It is when I get to #listen to the #words that he already knows how to say, and when I get to teach him new words (he already knows how to say "energy bar").
Playtime allows you to see what he's #thinking or what things he is #interested in as you listen to the #stories he tells.
Playtime can include #singing and #dancing, a time to unleash your inner diva that you would otherwise be embarassed to showcase when around #adults😅
Playtime can hone his skills on #negotiation because he needs to follow rules and adjust to his playmate (in this case, me). I am surprised how he is able to convince me to do things his way 👌 (And how can I say no to that #cute face?)
Playtime also gives a chance for the kid (and the adult, too!) to learn how to apologize, as when one or both of you get #hurt accidentally.
And playtime hastens putting him to #sleep because he has spent his #energy 💪😏
Other than #teaching #kids, playtime also teaches adults to be #patient.
So let's put our #gadgets away, so we can play the real #games!💪😎

No comments:

Post a Comment